Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Connecting with Authors & Others on Twitter

In late January 2013, I joined Twitter as a way to expand my circle of colleagues and to connect with others in my field. What a great year it's been! Not only have I met some wonderful teacher librarians from all parts of the country--and world!--but I've also been surprised and pleased with the interactions with authors and others.

In the last 14 months, many authors have replied to tweets, like David Baldacci, S. A. Bodeen, and Jeff Hirsch:



One of my favorite interactions has been with the author of The Ascendence Trilogy Jennifer Nielsen.

Another interaction that was meaningful to me and many students came from Laurie Halse Anderson when she saw the resilience literature work students completed earlier in the year--you can read about it HERE.

And it's not just authors who tweet responses. Websites like Epic Reads and Heartland AEA11 have people who follow Twitter feeds, and they reply, too!


Twitter has been a great tool for us to connect with the authors and others who relate to our work and reading. We're eager to connect again!

No comments:

Post a Comment